The health and safety of our clients, customers and staff is our priority. We continue to work with the Fraser Health Authority to ensure that we are taking all necessary precautions to help stop the spread of the virus. We have developed a Workplace Safety Plan and Protocols, as we are starting to make our way back into the office. Please see our COVID-19 policy & procedure below around returning to work safely.
Our Adult Day Programs remain closed for the time being. But we continue to meet the needs of the community in this changing environment and to support our clients from a distance as we work with other community organizations to provide the follow services:
- Close to 150 (frozen) meals are delivered by volunteers weekly to seniors in the community at no cost, including cookies and muffins prepared by our in-house cooks. The meals are being prepared by Semiahmoo House Society and Sheila’s Catering.
- Arts & Crafts supplies are delivered by volunteers to seniors who have expressed a desire to do something other than watch TV.
- Grocery delivery has been organized through the United Way’s Better @ Home program, but with some private funding we have also purchased basic staples and have delivered them out to seniors who have indicated that they are in need.
- Telephone tree – staff are reaching out weekly to our clients and others in the community to check in and see how they are doing.
- Seniors Centre Without Walls is a new telephone-based program that offers brief 30-minute interactive telephone conference sessions where participants can laugh and socialize, learn new skills, and create new connections.
For updates on the virus and how to keep yourself safe, please visit the Fraser Health website.
Thank you and stay safe,