As you know, the health and safety of our clients, customers and staff is our priority. We continue to work with the Fraser Health Authority to determine when we can fully open our doors to our clients. Until then, we are providing services remotely, supporting our clients and the community from a distance as we work together with our devoted volunteers and other community organizations. Here are a few of the services available:
- Meal delivery – we are delivering over 200 (frozen) meals by volunteers weekly to seniors in the community at no cost. The meals are being prepared by our staff, Semiahmoo House Society, and Sheila’s Catering.
- Telephone tree – staff reach out once or twice a week to our clients and others in the community to check in and see how they are doing. Our nurses are on hand to deal with any health questions.
- Information videos - check out our YouTube channel for information on staying hydrated and living with diabetes. You can also participate in a chair exercises video.
- Seniors Centre Without Walls, our telephone-based program offers brief 30-minute interactive telephone conference sessions where participants can laugh and socialize, learn new skills, and create new connections.
- Caregiver support is another area where we can help. If you need to talk, or need help navigating the health care system, we can help.
Please contact Simren Dhillon at 604-536-9348 or by email at email@example.com if you or someone you know needs our support.
For updates on the virus and how to keep yourself safe, please visit the Fraser Health website.
Thank you and stay safe,